Friday, March 25, 2011

Crane

There are few places left in the Ozarks that stir a fisherman's soul and make him feel like he is truly in a wild place. One of those places is Crane Creek. Its not a place for the faint of heart. Its skinny water, brushy, tight casting quarters, and the fish are as skittish as a whore in church. I love it...

The trout here are pure strain McCloud rainbows and they are absolutely beautiful fish. From the eager lil' 4 inchers to the almost ghost-like 20"+ toads, these fish would rival any other wild rainbow in the world in my opinion. To catch these fish, being stealthy is just the beginning. It doesnt take long before you understand what everyone was talking about when they say they had to utilize the "Crane Creek Creep". Again...I love it...

Joey and I visited this place a few weeks ago...













I love it...

Until next time, keep chasing the dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment